Recognising design-led and human-centred innovation
Credits: Unsplash © Nathan de Fortunato
There's nothing more powerful than a face-to-face meeting to gain inspiration and free up creativity, drive change, learn best practice and build benchmarking opportunities. Johnson group creates innovative formats that fuel creative thinking, stimulate brain activity, strengthen engagement, all through the use of design thinking and storytelling.
Johnson is proud to announce that it will reward innovative designers with the ‘Design Leader of the Year Award’ during its second Change by Design Conference taking place in February 2021. Their aim is to ultimately facilitate the interaction with peers and help individuals with their next breakthrough.
This prize allows the recognition of exceptional design-led innovation, and the opportunity to reward the most gifted individuals in the design industry. Johnson will honour professionals who make use of human-centred design to positively impact and transform how businesses operate, regardless of size and stance across a number of categories:
- Young Design Leader
- Culture Transformation
- Design Inclusion Leader
- Design for Good Initiative
- Women Lead Initiative
- Digital Transformation
- Brand Transformation
- Business Model Transformation
Noticing a gap in the market, Johnson wishes to reward findings and their innovators, whom have never been acknowledged before. It will achieved so through multiple and precise design categories.
The judges determining the winners are themselves design leaders and professionals, recognised for their careers and achievements:
- Nicholas Skytland – Deputy Chief, Exploration Technology Office, NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Dan Makoski, Chief Design Officer, Lloyds Bank Group
- Gianluca Brugnoli, Chief Design Officer, Huawei Milan Aesthetic Research Center
- Milka Eskola, Vice President Art & Design, Legrand Group
- Donn Ogilvie, Vice President, Product Strategy and Experience Design, Citi Bank
- Hillel Cooperman – Senior Vice President, User Experience Design, Oracle
- Jenny Lam – Senior Vice President, Brand User Experience, Oracle
- Nicolas Petitjean – Group Vice President Design, Sodexo
- Seiya Ohta, Vice President User Experience, Trustly
- Anne-Marie Sargueil, Presidente, l’Institut Francais du Design
- Dji-Ming Luk, Senior Designer, Wilmotte & Industries
The final nominees will be invited to participate to the Change by Design conference, an event encouraging collective thinking, and value co-creation through a number of workshops and talks.
The nomination deadline is 2th of November 2020
The finalists will be announced on the 2nd of December 2020 and the award ceremony will take place on the 2nd of February 2021 in Paris.