The competition features tech startups and scaleups that bring positive social change and impact people’s lives through technology. Applicants from around the globe entered across ten verticals.
- AI for Good
- FinTech for Good
- Climate Tech
- Impact Challenge: Water Challenge
- ‘Impact Challenge: Mental Health and Wellbeing
- General Tech for Good
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The SCFG competition is backed by innovation partners and judges around the world. The winners were nominated by over 40+ judges led by Hays and 10 Regional Partners, including Angels Den, Envestors, Menzies, The Werks Group, CodeBase, Europe-India Centre for Business and Industry (EICBI), She Loves Tech, Global Good, Aon, StartPlatz, Ruffena Group, Startup Lisboa and R+I Germans Hospital Trias y Pujol.
After a careful selection from the Top 100’s pitches in October, the 10 Regional Winners will be pitching again the Global Final on 29th November 2023 where the Innovation Winners and overall Global Winner will be announced.
This year’s regional winners include:
- DACH and Nordics: 4Life Solutions offers a safe and affordable water purification solution for low-income communities.
- France and BeNeLuX: TechnoCarbon provides an incredibly low-carbon material to replace steel and concrete.
- Central and Eastern Europe: Teachers Lead Tech brings a comprehensive system to teach creative computer science in primary school.
- Southern Europe: The Blue Box Biomedical Solutions offers a pain-free, radiation-free, accessible breast cancer test for women.
- Southwest, North of England, and Midlands: Sibstar provides a flexible debit card and app, helping families living with dementia to safely manage their everyday spending.
- London and South East: Zero Gravity spots unrecognised talent and unlocks it, spreading opportunity across the UK and powering high-potential students into top universities and careers.
- Celtic: Scrapp reduces the amount of waste going into our ecosystems by incentivising correct disposal practices.
- Australia and New Zealand: Swan Systems provides an all-in-one water and nutrient management solution with the world’s most advanced water management software.
- East Asia: Socious is a talent marketplace that allows people to work for social and environmental impact without sacrificing their career or financial goals resulting in more skilled individuals dedicating their time to solving complex problems such as climate change, poverty, and gender inequality.
- South and Southeast Asia: Global Safe Water Service Pte makes safe water available, accessible, and affordable.
Along with the opportunity to be a Global Winner, the winners will receive a 12 Month Subscription of Hays Rise Experience, a LinkedIn Live appearance on Hays’ page, exposure on the Hays Technology insights blog, Digital Solution profiling on Hays.com and regional sites, one free recruitment hire over a 12-month period, access to Go1 Training Platform and unique regional prizes.
“We’re incredibly excited to announce the Regional Winners for our fourth Super Connect For Good Competition. This year, we had exceptional submissions across the globe with strong social purposes from diverse teams. The Regional Winners this year were clear with their project’s impact on society, with some having confidence that their project can address several UN Global Goals.” James Milligan, Global Head of Technology at Hays.
“We are delighted to announce the fourth edition of our Super Connect for Good Competition Regional Winner for 2023. Each one makes or strives to make an aggregate social impact through technology. We’d like to thank all the participants, the judges and partners for their hard work over the past year.” Kosta Mavroulakis, Founder & CEO of Empact Ventures.