The BFS’20 will be a day packed of activities: funders expo, business showcase, talks from notable speakers, highly competitive pitching competition, and 1-to-1 Investment Clinics where you will be able to meet face to face best-fit investors.
We welcome businesses across all industries and stages to benefit from this ample opportunity to liaise with leading VCs, Business Angel Networks, Lenders, Grant experts & many more.
The Business Funding Show is 70,000 strong network of entrepreneurs and funders. We’re recognised for bringing a top-quality audience of key decision-makers and key experts representing funding and growth support bodies. Want to tap into our network? Then join us at BFS’20.
- 09:30 – 10:15 Registration
- 10:15 – 10:30 Welcome from BFS
- 10:30 – 11:30 Mind the gap – equity trends for 2020 (Moderator: Matt Adey of British Business Bank; Panellists: Juliet Rogan of Head of Barclays, Peter Cowley of EBAN, Umerah Akram of LSEG/ELITE UK, Tim Mills of Angel CoFund, Jenny Tooth of UKBAA)
- 11:30 – 12:00 How to get ahead of the Competition and Be Investment Ready by A City Law Firm (Moderator: Karen Holden of A City Law Firm, Jacqueline Watts of A City Law Firm; Guest Speaker: Stephen Hemmings of Menzies LLP)
- 12:00 – 12:30 Top UK & EU Grants: How to Secure Them by Granted Consultancy (Moderator: Tom Kennard of Granted Consultancy; Guest Speaker: Scott Byrne-Fraser of Totem)
- 12:30 – 13:30 Entrepreneurs Unplugged: Anthony Rose the man who saved the BBC, Goncalo de Vasconcelos the man who is one of the top 10 most influential tech personalities in the UK, Guy Tolhurst the man who is a successful serial entrepreneur and mental health campaigner & Kenneth Siber the man who is the Head of WeWork Labs for UK&I & Emerging markets and a serial entrepreneur
- 13:30 – 14:00 Make the Most of Your Business’ IP by IPO (Moderator and Speaker: Nick Chard of IPO)
- 14:00 – 14:30 Funding for Innovation – Unleash a box of Opportunities by GovGrant (Moderator and speaker: Annie Hunter of GovGrant)
- 14:30 – 15:30 Let’s talk about Innovation and Tech: New decade edition (Moderator: Nigel Walker of InnovateUK; Panellists: Andrew Hawley of Marks & Clerk LLP, Catherine Beech of Exonate, Dr Mark Hammond of Deep Science Ventures, James Downing of Silicon Valley Bank, Yasmina Darveniza of Round Hill Ventures)
- 15:30 – 17:00 Pitching Competition by Thinkroom (Moderator: Catherine Young of Thinkroom; Judges: Paul Excell of ScaleUp Group, Hector Mason of Episode 1, Avantika Gupta of Newable and Kristy Grant of Seedrs)